Tuesday, February 14, 2017

How I Renewed My Interest In My Video Cameras For Under $7.00

I own a bunch of digital cameras aside from my iPhone. They've made me a ton of money from all the freelance video work I've done. And yes... the cameras have been pretty boring lately.

I got my Canon HFS10 back in 2009 and have used it with my Letus Lens Adapter in a many number of video footages. It was exciting back then!

My Canon T4i came in 2011 and was used for a number of video commercials and music videos. Most of my footages were taken using a "nifty fifty" lens. It got the job done.

My not so latest digital eye was the GoPro Hero4 Black. At first I didn't know what to make of it. I wasn't into sports nor was I into "action" video shoots. So it just laid dormant for the duration of its life.

I decided to use it and realized that the whole "wide shot" was pretty cool - up to a certain extent. And then it became mundane again. And I just let it sit in storage for the remainder of 2016.

The the GoPro Hero5 Black came out. With all the bells and whistles it offered, I asked myself what to make of my Hero4? I then found out that GoPro was offerening a software update to give me the option of having LINEAR mode, where the go pro now shoots like a regular camera at 2.7k!

Now I was definitely interested. I got out my GoPro Hero4 and started shooting. Just random shots but I was shooting once again. And then the nuance of have to screw/unscrew the darn thing just to mount/uncount it became an issue. I needed some quick release "thingy ma jiggy" if my GoPro Hero4 was to keep up with me.

I was able to get a Quick Release Tripod Mount on the Internet and boy did it make my life easy. I bought a lot so I can mount one on a tripod, a selfie stick, a car suction mount, a gorilla pod and other mounts you can think of.

It got me excited again! Seriously! I honestly saw the screw/unscrew thing a hindrance to my creative momentum. But with this new little nifty gadget. I'm shooting like crazy.

If you want to check it out yourself, I've added a link to where I got it from.

No comments: