Friday, May 29, 2009

How Can I Be So Blessed?

It's 1:27 am on a chilly Friday as I lay down on the right edge of our queen size bed. On my left are two of the most beautiful people on the planet, my wife and my son. As they sleep peacefully by my side, I am wondering.

Sometimes, we tend to forget what we have until we lose it. Most often, we wrap ourselves all over something trivial. Well, I'm letting everyone know right now that I choose to keep my family together and enjoy them until the day I am called by God or when my little one decides to leave the nest.

What really inspires me everyday the love and dedication that comes from my wife. How she holds everything together amazes me. How she cares for our son and myself is beyond comprehension. And as I glance at her right now, I am still in awe that I am hers and she is mine and that the little bundle of joy that is co-sleeping on our bed is OURS!

And so I say a little prayer of thanks and sheepishly wonder... "How can I be so blessed?"

2 comments:

Nardeeisms said...

Ain't life grand? ~Nards~

Paco Arespacochaga said...

It couldn't be "grand-er"!!!